Please enable JavaScript to experience the full functionality of GMX.

Sarri coy on Ronaldo exit report

Juventus boss Maurizio Sarri says the matter will be dealt with in-house if Cristiano Ronaldo left the stadium before the 1-0 win over AC Milan finished.

Former Manchester United and Real Madrid forward Ronaldo was subbed early in the second half, with the Portugal international's replacement Paulo Dybala bagging the winner in Saturday's victory.

Reports emerged after the full-time whistle that Ronaldo, who is thought to be carrying a niggling knee injury, may have left the stadium before the end of the match and Sarri was forced to deal with unwanted questions after the victory.

"Disrespectful to his team-mates? Like I said, I don't know," Sarri said after the game. If it's true that he left before the end it is a problem to be resolved with his team-mates.

"I have no problem with Cristiano, he should be thanked because he made himself available despite not being in the best condition. In the last month he has had discomfort in his knee and this is a little problem for him."

Ronaldo was subbed only twice in the entirety of last season for Juventus but has already been brought off on two occasions this term.

Sarri will be hoping his star forward can get back to full fitness over the international break, as Juve look to extend their lead at the top of the Serie A table after their hard-fought win over the Rossoneri.

Sponsored Content